The Ultimate Coconut Cake®
The Famous Mail Order 12-Layer Southern Dessert
Why You’ll Love It: With its twelve towering layers of delicious, Southern perfection, the Peninsula Grill Ultimate Coconut Cake® caused a sensation when it first appeared on the menu Valentine's Day 1997. Praise from Bon Appétit, Saveur, Martha Stewart Living, The New York Times, TODAY Show, and Vogue—in addition to other esteemed culinary and travel media outlets, made the fresh vanilla and coconut infused dessert famous.
Demand for whole cakes—an increasingly popular choice for wedding receptions—came pouring in, and a booming mail order business began. In 2012, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office certified the cake's national popularity when it awarded a trademark to the Peninsula Grill Ultimate Coconut Cake®.
We serve slices of the now-iconic dessert to Peninsula Grill guests nightly, and we also ship whole cakes across America via overnight delivery. The show-stopping Ultimate Coconut Cake® weighs approximately 12 pounds and may be delivered directly to your doorstep.
KUDOS FOR THE ULTIMATE COCONUT CAKE®
- Bobby Flay: “All-time favorite dessert”
- Martha Stewart: “The richest filling, and the best ingredients…”
- The New York Times: “A little slice of heaven…”
- Bon Appetit: “… skyscraper high… light as a cloud…”
- Southern Living: “One of the South’s Grand Desserts”
- Delta Sky: “… a thing of beauty”
- Charleston City Paper Editors’ Picks: “Best Slice of Heaven”
- Featured on The Food Network's Throwdown with Bobby Flay and Food Finds
- Featured on The Martha Stewart Show
- Featured on The Cooking Channel's Unique Sweets
- Featured on Turner South Original Programs Blue Ribbon: “Best Dessert Cake in the South”