Discover Where History Lives
The Ideal Introduction to Charleston
Why You’ll Love It: The #1 City Celebration is the perfect package for first-time guests or for those who simply love to soak in the stunning details of our picturesque city.
Did you know Charleston has been named the #1 Best U.S. City by both Condé Nast Traveler (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) as well as Travel + Leisure (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)? Come see what these leading travel magazines love about Charleston!
- Discover stunning antebellum architecture while aboard a leisurely-paced carriage ride.
- See the magnificent and beautifully preserved Nathaniel Russell House, a National Historic Landmark built in 1808, up close during a guided tour.
- See underwater sea life up close at the South Carolina Aquarium, which is situated on Charleston Harbor.
- Then board a scenic harbor cruise to Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired.
- Awake to enjoy a leisurely Signature Breakfast for two in the charming Planters Inn Courtyard or the refined Peninsula Grill dining room—your choice!